- WHEN: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm EST
This same presentation will be conducted in Spanish on Thursday, November 15, 2015 at 7:00 pm EST. To join that session, please link to https://wgbh1.adobeconnect.com/_a826376135/espanol/ on Thursday at 7 pm.
- COST: FREE for NCaeyc Members (this is a members-only benefit and not available to non-members)
- WHAT: Engaging preschoolers in STEM learning free bilingual resources from PEEP and the Big Wide World
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm EST, you are invited to a 40-minute webinar to learn precisely why providing science explorations is a critical school-readiness support, what makes an age-appropriate science topic, and where to find FREE bilingual resources online, full curriculum, stand-alone activities, and professional development videos to watch on your own time. This webinar is offered by WGBH, the producer of public television’s PEEP and the Big Wide World, a preschool science series you may already be aware of. To participate, you need internet access in order to link to the live presentation. You will hear our presenter through your computer’s speaker. Please contact us at email@example.com or 919-510-5034 to get the link to the online presentation. Learning Goals:
- Understand the characteristics of effective science teaching
- Recognize age-appropriate science topics, content
- Learn how open-ended questions keep an exploration going
- Recognize the importance of documenting children¹s work for later reflection
- Get an introduction to the Emmy Award-Winning preschool series on public television, PEEP and the Big Wide World
- Locate the 6-unit STEM curriculum on the PEEP website with its accompanying PD video modules
Presenter: Gay Mohrbacher, Educational Outreach Project Director at WGBH (Boston’s PBS station).