On behalf of our partners at Conscious Discipline, we are happy to share this workshop opportunity.
Self-Regulation: The Key to School Readiness Workshop
Raleigh, NC • April 9 – 10, 2015 • Marbles Kids Museum
Self-regulation is the key to school readiness, and is more powerful than IQ as a predictor of academic achievement. Equip your children with the #1 skill they need for success.
In this two-day workshop, you will learn how to:
- Create a self-regulatory learning center in your classroom (the Safe Place).
- Respond to emotional upset in a way that fosters the development of self-regulation.
- Implement the Feeling Buddies Curriculum to teach the five steps to self-regulation.
- Use the same five-step process to manage your own thoughts, feelings and actions.
- Provide children the opportunity to practice self-regulation in real life situations.
For more details on content, cost, and CEUs, visit the workshop website.
For further information or questions, please contact:
Correne Constantino, Concordia University