Announcing… Nominations for the NCAEYC Board of Directors Now Open!
[button link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDBibyyL6fUhAnLvmhYEJmTtK0xhBz6pkFrrRKyX7u9p9JCg/viewform?c=0&w=1″ size=”small” target=”_blank or _self” color=”blue, alternative-1″ lightbox=”true or false”]Click here for details and to submit your application form[/button]
Dear NCAEYC Members,
NCAEYC is seeking nominees for our 2017 elections for the NCAEYC Board of Directors. If you or someone you know possesses a desire to serve, utilize leadership skills and build positive relationships, please consider submitting a Nomination Application form (Google form) by 8:00 pm on Monday, May 22.
NCAEYC Board service is an engaging opportunity to utilize your leadership skills.
As a member of NCAEYC’s Board of Directors, you can make a difference in the lives of children, families and early education professionals. NCAEYC Board service provides opportunities to utilize and further develop:
- leadership skills related to the governance and wellness of a non-profit, statewide membership association
- relationships with and among a broad range of committed professionals who are dedicated to promoting excellence in early care and education
- understanding of and capacity to influence early childhood systems and activities at national, state and local levels.
Nominees must hold current membership and match the requirements as listed. Elections will be conducted this summer via electronic ballot. Newly elected members will be inducted and begin their service at NCaeyc’s 64th Annual Conference, September 14–16 at the Raleigh Convention Center. This year, six seats are open for nomination.
Serving on the Executive Committee
Each seat is a three-year term through September 2020:
- TREASURER: Provides oversight of NCAEYC’s fiscal status and condition, and leadership for developing the annual budget, funding plans, and financial goals. Minimum of 1 year experience serving on the current NCAEYC Board of Directors.
- VICE PRESIDENT OF PUBLIC POLICY & AWARENESS: Leads the development of advocacy and public policy initiatives for NCAEYC. Minimum of 1 year experience serving on the current NCAEYC Board of Directors.
Serving as Members-at-Large
Each seat is a three-year term through September 2020; Eligible candidates must live or work in one of the following regions listed:
- WEST: Counties of Avery, Mitchell, Yancey, McDowell, Rutherford, Madison, Buncombe, Polk, Henderson, Haywood, Transylvania, Swain, Jackson, Graham, Macon, Cherokee, or Clay.
- NORTH WEST: Counties of Ashe, Alleghany, Surry, Stokes, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Forsyth, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell, Davie, Davidson, Burke or Catawba.
- SANDHILLS: Counties of Montgomery, Moore, Lee, Harnett, Cumberland, Bladen, Columbus, Robeson, Hoke, Scotland or Richmond.
- EAST CENTRAL: Counties of Granville, Vance, Franklin, Wake or Johnston.
To learn more and submit an application, click here.
NCAEYC’s Nominations Committee will review applications, interview candidates by phone and present a slate of nominees to the NCAEYC Board of Directors for approval. The slate of candidates will be presented to the full NCAEYC membership in summer 2016 via electronic ballot.
If you have questions or need additional information about the position, commitment, and/or the nomination process, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-510-5034.
Thank you for considering this important volunteer service commitment.
Suzanne Hughes, NCAEYC President and Nominations Committee Chair