Join us! NCaeyc is excited to co-host
Week of the Young Child Early Ed Celebration at the Capitol
State Legislative Building
16 West Jones Street, 1000 Quad
April 25, 2017 • 8 am – 4 pm
As a member of NCaeyc, take advantage of the $10 member rate for this event. REGISTER NOW for your special discounted rate. This event is designed to showcase the value of early education directly to state legislators AND help you advance your advocacy skills.
- Event activities include:
- Information booths showcasing early education and how young children learn in early education programs.
- Special briefing by policymakers about what’s happening in the legislature and how to communicate effectively with legislators and their staff.
- Opportunities to visit with your state legislators and budget leaders, and observe legislators in action at committee meetings or during session.
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm—Information booths on display in the legislature
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am—Special briefing for early childhood advocates
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm—Visits to state legislators offices
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm—Opportunities to observe the legislature in action
- Participants will receive pre-event training and on-site orientation, resource materials, and updates. We’ll be glad to help you make appointments with your legislators, or you can schedule your own. Space at the briefing is limited and priority will be given to members. Note: There are no meals or snacks provided at this event, but there are places to eat in the legislature and nearby.
- Cost: $10 for Coalition or NAEYC members, $5 for students or teachers, and $15 for non-members. Processing fees will be added to the ticket prices at checkout, except for student or teacher tickets.
- Registration Deadline: April 7, 2017. Tickets for the event are required and must be purchased by the deadline of April 7. REGISTER NOW.
- Special thanks to NC Early Education Coalition’s Event Partners: NC Association for the Education of Young Children, NC Partnership for Children, and NC Child.
Registration will take place in the 1000 Quad of the Legislative Building. Briefing room location will be sent to registered participants.