Early Childhood Program Consultant
Children and Family Resource Center
Position: Early Childhood Program Consultant – Child Care Resource & Referral
Status: 40 Hour, non-Exempt
Reports to: Early Care and Education Director
Role: To coordinate and deliver technical assistance and trainings for early childhood educators for the Children & Family Resource Center in Henderson and Transylvania Counties.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in child development, early childhood education or other directly related field and at least three years’ experience in the field.
- Knowledge of early childhood practice, research, trainer models, North Carolina’s higher education system, and supporting programs (T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Project and Child Care WAGE$), and professional development systems
- CLASS Observer certified for Infant, Toddlers or Preschoolers preferred
- Knowledge in and experience with training adult learners
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Assess child care training needs of providers, developing and/or organizing workshops to meet identified training needs, and oversee documentation ensuring that training participants receive appropriate credit for their attendance.
- Assess child care consultation needs of providers, developing and/or organizing services to meet identified needs, and oversee documentation of support provided.
- Provide technical assistance, within TA Competencies to providers including on-site consultation regarding child care best practices, utilization of the CLASS assessment tool, NC licensing regulations, and the Environment Rating Scales and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Assist center directors in applying for maintained or increased licensure.
- Guide providers to available resources and materials pertinent to quality of care.
- Maintain knowledge and involvement (as approved by supervisor) with local, state and national efforts and strategies around professional development and the early education workforce.
- Attend pertinent trainings and maintain knowledge of quality program issues and state regulations.
- Maintain data on center and home providers, in conjunction with team members.
- Participate in community events and public awareness activities as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual professional development data.
- Coordinate and maintain training calendar and registration for professional development.
- Provide agency and CCR&R program support as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Think Strategically: Ability to determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create, and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Time Management: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Technology: Proficient with computers and other office equipment, including experience with web-based databases, and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Values Equity: Supports equitable treatment and equal opportunity for all employees.
- Values Diversity: Supports an environment of learning about, valuing, encouraging, and supporting differences.
Children & Family Resource Center is committed to building a diverse staff and inclusive work environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color.
Salary Range $35,000- $40,000 annually with benefits that include 85% covered health insurance, a 3% SIMPLE employer match, short-term and long-term disability, a $25K life insurance policy, 14 days of paid time off, 8 hours of community service leave, two weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child, and other family friendly benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume and employment application to Early Care and Education Director, Heather Erwin at HeatherE@childrenandfamily.org. Applications will be accepted until May 14, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to HeatherE@childrenandfamily.org