Early Education Specialist
Rockingham County Partnersip for Children
The Rockingham County Partnership for Children is seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Early Education Specialist. The Early Education Specialist will deliver support services to early childhood educators in Rockingham County with the bulk of their work taking place in classrooms serving children ages 0-5 with limited work in school-age care classrooms. This position requires specialized training regarding the Environment Rating Scales, CLASS®, The Creative Curriculum®, CSEFEL and Conscious Discipline®. A considerable amount of evening and weekend work is also required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Child/Human Development, Early Childhood Education or closely related field and at least two years work experience preferably in an early childhood program/classroom (serving children 0-8). NC Standard Professional 2 Teaching License (Birth-Kindergarten Teaching License) a plus.
Position offers competitive salary and full benefits.
After reviewing the complete job description (available at www.rockinghamkids.org), interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three references (contact info only) to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled with priority given to applicants who respond by November 2, 2018.
Early Education Specialist Job Description
Agency Overview: The mission of the Rockingham County Partnership for Children (RCPC) is to help children enter school healthy and ready to succeed. RCPC is the leader in early childhood education and services for families in Rockingham County. Because 90% of a child’s brain development happens in the first five years of life, optimizing healthy birth outcomes and the next 2,000 days is critically important. RCPC works to give young children the best possible start and a strong foundation-so they can grow to be healthy and well-rounded students, employees and members of society. As the early childhood education hub for Rockingham County, RCPC advocates for comprehensive and equitable services for all children and families, builds capacity of early childhood educators, and meets the needs of our community.
We Believe In:
- providing equitable access to early childhood education programs for all children and families.
- using data to create a culture of innovation and meeting the diverse needs of children and families.
- creating partnerships and collaborations while nurturing relationships.
- empowering families by listening to their voices and advocating for their needs.
- building a highly-skilled, proactive team committed to continuous learning, integrity and justice.
The Early Education Specialist will deliver support services to early childhood educators in Rockingham County with the bulk of their work taking place in classrooms serving children ages 0-5 with limited work in school-age care classrooms. This position requires specialized training regarding the Environment Rating Scales, CLASS®, The Creative Curriculum®, CSEFEL and Conscious Discipline®. A considerable amount of evening and weekend work is also required.
- Assess program/classroom needs utilizing the Environment Rating Scales and other appropriate classroom assessments, work with program/classrooms to develop individualized goals and create action plans, and provide coaching to early childhood educators wishing to increase overall program quality
- Provide coaching and/or training to:
- early childhood programs required by the NC Division of Child Development & Early Education to address licensing or abuse/neglect issues, including technical assistance with the implementation of the Conscious Discipline® program.
- individuals who express interest in opening a child care facility and follow-up regularly with individuals to determine additional needs for assistance.
- Assist Early Education Program Coordinator with planning and publicizing the quarterly training calendar and staffing Early Education Support Services and Partnership events.
- Develop and provide in-service trainings, study groups, training series, or Professional Learning Communities (PLC) for early childhood educators and/or parents.
- Prepare training documentation materials (rosters, pre/post surveys and certificates) prior to in-service training events and complete follow-up documentation of attendance and evaluations.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all coaching through tracking logs and/or the Early Education Support Services database.
- Assist with the planning, advertising, and implementation of the special events for the Month of the Young Child including the annual Early Childhood Educator’s Celebration, the GO FAR program, and the Children’s Parade. The Month of the Young Child is recognized annually in April.
- Other duties as assigned by the Early Education Services Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director.
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Child/Human Development, Early Childhood Education or closely related field and at least two years work experience preferably in an early childhood program/classroom (serving children 0-8). NC Standard Professional 2 Teaching License (Birth-Kindergarten Teaching License) a plus.
- Level 11 NC Early Childhood Educator Certification and/or the qualifications to obtain the certification. Technical Assistance and Professional Development endorsements a plus.
- Computer skills -proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and Power Point (or other presentation software).
- Individual must be able to perform in a fast paced, family friendly environment while handling multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong planning and organizational skills.
- Should be friendly, outgoing, creative, flexible, have initiative and willingness to work as a team member as well as the ability to work independently.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience with the NC Child Care Regulations, the Environment Rating Scales, CLASS®, CSEFEL, the Creative Curriculum® and Conscious Discipline®
- Completion of The Art and Science of Technical Assistance course (if not already completed, required within the first year of employment)
- Public speaking and/or training experience
- Experience working with a strengths based model to implement change and growth
Position Classification: EXEMPT, full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org