2018 Conference New Dates and Format
Out of adversity comes opportunity.” ~Benjamin Franklin
With new dates comes an exciting new format! Download an updated Conference Schedule (PDF).
NCAEYC has created a new format called Developmentally Appropriate Practice for Adults. DAPA creates connected, intentional, strategic, cumulative professional development experiences within a strong and vibrant professional network.
- Saturday: In-depth Pre-Conference Conscious Discipline experience presented by Dr. Bailey and Conscious Discipline (CD) Certified and Master Instructors as well as others touched by the power of CD.
- Sunday: Inspiring talks by Featured Speakers:
- Bari Koral—Promoting well-being of children and adults through Yogapalooza, 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Lilian Hubler—Supporting children’s social and emotional development through sign language and bi-lingual communication, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Karen Ponder—Power to the Profession panel discussion and audience engagement, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Michael Bonner—Author of Get Up or Give Up and a Featured Guest on Ellen, 3:00 – 4:20 pm
- Monday: Keynote with Dr. Becky Bailey; select from a full array of high-quality sessions
65th Anniversary Conference • December 1 – 3, 2018 • Raleigh Convention Center
View Conference video here.
What better way to celebrate 65 years than having Dr. Becky Bailey of Conscious Discipline® as our Keynote Speaker? NCAEYC has enjoyed a special relationship with Dr. Bailey and her team of Conscious Discipline Certified Instructors. And that love is going to shine at this year’s Conference! Join Dr. Bailey and her team for an incredible Pre-Conference day experience by being fully immersed in Conscious Discipline on Saturday, December 1. Whether you are just starting out or have been practicing Conscious Discipline for years, you will find connections and inspiration to transform your practice as a teacher, administrator, mental health specialist or parent.
What is Conscious Discipline? An evidence-based, research-backed methodology and trauma-informed approach. It is recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), and received high ratings in 8 of 10 categories in a Harvard analysis of the nation’s top 25 social-emotional learning programs. The Harvard study’s authors say, “Conscious Discipline provides an array of behavior management strategies and classroom structures that teachers can use to turn everyday situations into learning opportunities.”
Explore the links under the “Conference” tab in the menu for full details.
NCAEYC is approved by the Division of Child Development and Early Education to offer contact hours for Conference sessions. By attending all sessions on Sunday, December 2 and Monday, December 3, you will earn up to 12 DCDEE Contact Hour Credits. You can receive 5 additional DCDEE Contact Hour Credits by attending a Pre-Conference Session on Saturday, December 1.
Receive Conference email updates
If you are interested in receiving emails with news and updates on the NCAEYC Conference, please complete the form below and we’ll keep you in the loop!