2014 Board of Directors Elections: Please Consider Volunteer Leadership Service to NCaeyc
NCaeyc is excited to announce its 2014 Nominations for Elections to Board of Directors.
Click here to view full details and access the NCaeyc Board of Directors Nomination Application 2014 fillable form due via fax or email by Thursday, April 17th at 5:00 pm (This is a fillable form that must be saved to your computer in order to for you to insert your information.)
Dear NCaeyc Members,
NCaeyc is seeking nominees for our 2014 elections for the NCaeyc Board of Directors. Promoting strong leadership is one of the primary ways NCaeyc works to achieve our mission “to be the voice of professionals working with or on behalf of young children birth through age eight.” NCaeyc strives to be a “high performing, inclusive organization” and therefore we value representation on our Board that reflects our diverse membership.
NCaeyc needs vibrant leaders to guide the work of YOUR association. The NCaeyc Board of Directors sets the priorities and direction of our organization’s strategic plan, oversees and manages fiscal resources, and supports the Executive Director in carrying out the work of NCaeyc. If you or someone you know possesses strong leadership potential, including skills and knowledge of fiscal and governance oversight and a willingness to serve, please consider submitting a Nomination Application form via email or fax by 5:00 pm on April 17th, 2014.
This year, 7 seats are open for nomination. Nominees must hold current membership and match the requirements as listed:
Serving on the Executive Committee: Each seat is a three-year term through September 2017.
· Treasurer: Provide oversight of NCaeyc’s fiscal status and condition, and leadership for developing the annual budget, funding plans, and financial goals. Minimum of 1 year experience serving on the current NCaeyc Board of Directors.
· VP of Public Policy & Awareness: Develops advocacy and public policy initiatives for NCaeyc. Minimum of 1 year experience serving on the current NCaeyc Board of Directors.
Serving as Members at Large: Each seat is a three-year term through September 2017.
Eligible candidates must live or work in one of the following regions listed:
· West: Counties of Avery, Mitchell, Yancey, McDowell, Rutherford, Madison, Buncombe, Polk, Henderson, Haywood, Transylvania, Swain, Jackson, Graham, Macon, Cherokee, or Clay.
· West Central: Counties of Rockingham, Caswell, Person, Guilford, Alamance, Orange, Durham, Randolph, or Chatham.
· East Central: Counties of Granville, Vance, Franklin, Wake or Johnston.
·Sandhills: Counties of Montgomery, Moore, Lee, Harnett, Cumberland, Bladen, Columbus, Robeson, Hoke,Scotland or Richmond.
· North West: Counties of Ashe, Alleghany, Surry, Stokes, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Forsyth, Caldwell, Alexander, Iredell, Davie, Davidson, Burke or Catawba
NCaeyc’s Nominations Committee will review applications, interview candidates by phone and present a slate of nominees to the NCaeyc Board of Directors for approval. During the election in early summer, NCaeyc members will cast their votes. Newly-elected Board members will be inducted into office on September 11th and begin their Board service at the 2014 NCaeyc Annual Conference in Raleigh, September 11th -13th.
If you have questions or need additional information about the position, commitment, and/or the nomination process, please contact me at email@example.com or 919-510-5034.
Thank you for considering this important volunteer service commitment.
President-Elect and Chair, Nominations Committee